Estimator - Heavy civil-
Posted January 9, 2018
€65,000 - €75,000
Who you'll be working for:
A Limerick based Civil Main Contractor, currently working on a number of €Multi-million Heavy civil projects across Ireland.
Due to a number new high profile contracts, they have a current opportunity for an experienced Estimator to join them within their offices in Co limerick.
What you’ll need to have:
The successful candidate will have 5+ years experience in an estimating capacity, having worked on large infrastructure / heavy civil projects, preferably with main contracting experience and a relevant civil engineering degree qualification.
Preferably candidates will have experience in Highways and Design and Build projects with hands on Evaluate estimating software experience, and prior knowledge pricing projects from 0.5M up to 100M.
What you’ll be doing:
Covering a range of civil disciplines including highways, energy, waste water, water and waste management, industrial and commercial projects, key duties will include:
What you’ll get in return:
- Responsible for the preparation of the tender with assistance from the pre-construction team.
- Upon receipt of tender documents, review and prepare a report, including tender deliverables.
- Undertake a site inspection and prepare a report.
- Compile an appropriate risk register and update accordingly.
- Prepare and send out Tender enquiries to supply chain and review quotations received.
- Prepare tender analysis, bill of quantities.
- Cross check/take off quantities from drawings as required.
- Attend, both internal and external tender review meetings with the procurement team.
- Liaise with Design Consultants to obtain design information and review value engineering proposals/construction processes.
- Prepare post tender valuation of submission to the construction team.
- File tender documentation in accordance with the company procedure.
- Attend handover meeting to brief the construction team
Salary will be reflective of experience and abilities, but would be envisaged to be between €65,000 - €75,000 + Package
How to apply:
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date CV to Cathal McKeever, or call us now on +44(0)7724790015
The Breagh Team
Breagh Recruitment are the go to specialist construction and engineering recruitment consultants across the UK and Ireland, with an ethos based on flexibility, hard work and a bit of good old common sense. We live within these core values servicing our clients and candidates on a daily basis.
Key roles we recruit for include: Health & Safety managers, project managers, construction managers, site engineers, quantity surveyors, civil engineers, estimators, buyers, bid managers and site supervisors, across Ireland and the UK.