Health and Safety Advisor / Officer-
Posted January 9, 2018
€45,000 - €50,000
Who you’ll be working for:
A long established, successful Civil engineering company, working on various projects across Ireland, including flood defense schemes, bridge realignments, water supply schemes, road upgrades and improvements, with values up to €40,000,000 in single project value, currently have an opportunity for an experienced Health & Safety advisor to join their team on an initial project in Co Cork.
What you’ll need to have:
The successful candidate will have a HSE related degree or diploma, 4 years+ H&S site construction experience, a Health & Safety certification, experience of Site Audits and reporting, familiar with statutory provisions and HSE guidance and excellent communication, leadership, training and presentation skills.
What you’ll be doing:
The initial project will be based in Co Cork, working on a large flood defense scheme, but candidates will be expected to travel across Munster and Leinster as other projects commence.
Key duties will include:
What you’ll get in return:
- Provide advice, guidance and instruction in all health & safety matters to management, safety representatives and employees (including sub-contractors where appropriate).
- Advising / assisting site management in drafting and communicating Method Statements, Safe Plans of Action and Tool Box Talks
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or sub-contractors working on site.
- Ensure that project specific Health & Safety Plan, including Risk Assessments specific to the project, are drawn up prior to the commencement of work.
- Conduct regular inspections and site audits, and report findings to site and senior company management. Strict follow-up is required to ensure that actions are dealt with immediately.
- Ensure that all accidents are reported, recorded and investigated and that suitable notification is given to the Directors, Health & Safety Authority and Insurers as required.
- Compiling relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
This is a full time opportunity, site based, working on heavy civil projects across Ireland. Salary will be in the region of €50,000, depending upon experience and abilities, along with travel and accommodation allowances.
How to apply:
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date CV to Cathal McKeever, or call us now on +44(0)7724790015
The Breagh Team
Breagh Recruitment are the go to specialist construction and engineering recruitment consultants across the UK and Ireland, with an ethos based on flexibility, hard work and a bit of good old common sense. We live within these core values servicing our clients and candidates on a daily basis.
Key roles we recruit for include: Design Engineers, Health & Safety managers, project managers, construction managers, site engineers, quantity surveyors, civil engineers, estimators, buyers, bid managers and site supervisors, across Ireland and the UK.