Sign up to Job Alerts
Posted 30 March 2023
EHS Manager – Leading Mechanical Contractor – Co Cork
Sector: Health, Safety & Environmentalapply now
You are an experienced EHS manager from Co Cork who would like to join a grown company.
Do you want to work with a company who operate in all industry sectors such as Bio Pharmaceutical, Medical Devices, Electronics, Food & Diary, and Data Centre/Light Industrial sectors?
If this has grabbed your interest and maybe you want to find out more then give me a call on 00353(0)15314345 for a confidential chat.
EHS Manager Skills:
This contractor has grown to become an established specialist in cleanroom construction, HVAC services, heat recovery and carbon emission reduction projects, as well as general mechanical and electrical services.
The ideal candidate will be organised and efficient, pay strong attention to detail, be a good communicator and have previous experience working in a similar environment.
- Have a relevant 3rd level qualification. A Masters in Health & Safety would be distinctly advantageous.
- Possess an excellent level of knowledge of Irish Health & Safety and Environmental legislation and regulations.
- Preferably have qualifications in the following areas – First Aid and Manual Handling.
- Have knowledge in preparing for and the conducting of internal audits, as well as knowledge in preparing for externally conducted regulatory and ISO audits.
- Have knowledge of Electrical, Mechanical and Construction industries.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office with the ability to generate detailed monthly reports.
- Be conscientious, have excellent attention to detail and an ability to multitask.
- Have a positive attitude with a passion to succeed, an energetic approach and an ability to take accountability.
- The ability to lead and contribute comfortably as part of a team.
As an EHS Manager:
Reporting to the Managing Director, the EHS Manager will oversee the EHS function and will work on a number of key projects nationwide. They will be responsible for the managing, monitoring, improving, and enforcing of the environmental health and safety standards across the business, with the support of the wider team of EHS site representatives.
- Oversee the EHS system to ensure full implementation across all projects and all sites.
- Develop and implement guidelines, processes, and documentation to support the Company in addressing and enforcing the required standards, within both health & safety and environmental legislation.
- Maintain and hold responsibility for auditing and maintaining the Company’s Integrated Management System (IMS) by applying auditing standards, procedures, principles, and techniques.
- Maintain and hold responsibility for ensuring continued compliance to all regulatory and ISO standards, namely ISO9001, ISO14001 & ISO45001.
- Prepare and inspect both Risk Assessment and Method Statements (RAMS) along with PSCS (Project Supervisor Construction Stage) documentation.
- Conduct both administrative and site audits to ensure contractual obligations are being met.
- Observe personnel to ensure EHS compliance. This will include monitoring specialist subcontractors, agency & direct employees.
- Assist with incident investigations and utilisation of root cause analysis processes.
- Be proactive in identifying both positive and negative events, while possessing the ability to implement realistic corrective and preventive measures.
- Manage & maintain employee training records in conjunction with relevant colleagues.
- Create & develop content for the EHS intranet to include best practice policies and procedures.
Candidates can expect a salary of €90000.
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date CV to email@example.com or call us now on 00353(0)15314345
The Breagh Team
Breagh Recruitment are the go to specialist construction and engineering recruitment consultants, providing qualified and experienced professionals with Construction jobs across the UK and Ireland, with an ethos based on flexibility, hard work and a bit of good old common sense. We live within these core values servicing our clients and candidates on a daily basis.
Key roles we recruit for include: Health & Safety managers, M&E project managers, construction managers, M&E site engineers, M&E quantity surveyors, civil engineers, site agents, estimators, buyers, bid managers and M&E site supervisors, across Ireland and the UK.