Sign up to Job Alerts
Posted 16 March 2023
Lead Safety Advisor – Limerick – Prestigious M&E Company
Sector: Mechanical & Electricalapply now
You are a Health and Safety officer in the Limerick area with 5+ years experience and are seeking a fresh challenge with a forward thinking company with a strong health and safety culture.
Your next role is with one of the most prestigious and innovative mechanical engineering.
They have embarked on an exciting fast-paced journey, with ambitious growth plans and eager to deliver for their clients
If this has grabbed your interest and maybe you want to find out more then give me a call on 00353(0)15314345 for a confidential chat.
Safety Advisor Skills:
- Must be a good communicator with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work at all levels of the organisation.
- A minimum of a Level 8 qualification in Health and Safety
- You have 5+ years experience in a similar role.
- You have a strong and proven ability to influence change and be a champion of best practice.
- Thorough knowledge of EHS legislation and experience in EHS Management systems.
- Working knowledge of M&E structures and operations.
As a Lead Safety Advisor:
- Communicate and implement the site’s Health, Safety and Environment strategy and policies, arrangements and processes that will deliver the required cultural and procedural performance objectives.
- Positively and actively drive towards an embedded HS&E culture taking an approach that creates a continually improving focus on preventative actions, reduction of injuries, and the promotion of health and environmentally friendly operations.
- Assist in ensuring that all employees and sub-contractors are fully compliant and up to date in all Health, Safety & Workplace legislation.
- Communicate effectively, translating HS&E compliance standards using modern software to direct the business presented in the form of procedures, bulletin material, verbal support, mentoring, and coaching.
- Root cause analysis of accidents and preventing recurrence and carry out site safety inspections and conduct accident and dangerous occurrence investigations, within your designated area of responsibility.
- You will review Method Statements and Safe Plans of Action (SPA)
- You will liaise with Site Managers to ensure Health and Safety documentation is up to date on site.
- You will maintain and track the accident and dangerous occurrence register.
- You will attend whiteboard meetings, deliver Toolbox Talks and chair the project safety meetings.
- You’ll drive a safety culture by being a champion of best practice; conducting training for new and existing employees on the importance of health and safety on the job; and by suggesting improvements to existing.
- Compliance monitoring and auditing and planning of strategy and delivery of cultural and behavioural change.
- Act as a company representative during external Audits/Inspections with regards to Health and Safety.
- Attend client/PSCS site meetings.
- Any other reasonable and relevant duties as requested by the company Health & Safety Manager, necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company across project sites.
An excellent salary & package will be put in place for the successful candidate.
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us now on 00353(0)15314345
The Breagh Team
Breagh Recruitment are the go to specialist construction and engineering recruitment consultants, providing qualified and experienced professionals with Construction jobs across the UK and Ireland, with an ethos based on flexibility, hard work and a bit of good old common sense. We live within these core values servicing our clients and candidates on a daily basis.
Key roles we recruit for include: Health & Safety managers, M&E project managers, construction managers, M&E site engineers, M&E quantity surveyors, civil engineers, site agents, estimators, buyers, bid managers and M&E site supervisors, across Ireland and the UK.
back to jobs