Sign up to Job Alerts
Posted 13 March 2023
Procurement Manager – Newry – Leading Mechanical Contractor
Newry, Mourne and Down
Sector: Mechanical & Electricalapply now
Are you a procurement manager within the local Newry area looking for a new challenge?
This contractor has earned a reputation amongst their clients as a partner of choice, due to delivering the highest standard of work at speed and quality with an excellence beyond expectation, to a client base that includes many repeat customers.
If you would like to find out a bit more then give me a quick call on 00353(0)15314345 to discuss further or click on ‘Apply’ below and I’ll give you a buzz back for a chat.
Procurement Manager Skills:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of the supply chain process within the construction industry is essential.
- Experienced procurement professional, qualified to degree level in a relevant subject. You will be able to demonstrate your experiences in adding value through commercial and procurement activities and will show commitment to helping the business sharpen its commercial edge.
- You are analytically strong, articulate and can express your vision clearly.
- Your excellent interpersonal skills, allow you to develop relationships within the organisation which allow you to constructively challenge the business and you will seek continuous improvement of processes to add value to the business.
- Working knowledge of frequently used forms of contract and methods of contract procurement.
- Experience in supporting Quantity Surveying and Estimating teams.
- You have a good knowledge and experience of the supply chain both material and subcontract.
- You have good management and people skills.
- You will feel comfortable working both independently and within a team.
- You have strong written and oral expression skills, in English.
- The ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels of the organisation with ease.
- A natural comfort in working in a collaborative manner and a desire to seek opportunities to develop synergies.
- A good awareness of construction vendors.
As a Procurement Manager:
- Setting the Procurement agenda for the business geared towards the business strategy.
- Ensuring the latest and most update to date systems and processes are available.
- Ensuring the supply chain are aligned with the business needs and strategy.
- Ensuring the procurement function is engaged and accountable at every stage of the project lifecycle.
- Maintaining and expanding our strategic partnerships and supplier relationships.
- Executing ‘source to contract’ processes throughout the project lifecycle.
- Standardising procurement practices
An excellent salary & package will be put in place for the successful candidate.
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us now on 00353(0)15314345
The Breagh Team
Breagh Recruitment are the go to specialist construction and engineering recruitment consultants, providing qualified and experienced professionals with Construction jobs across the UK and Ireland, with an ethos based on flexibility, hard work and a bit of good old common sense. We live within these core values servicing our clients and candidates on a daily basis.
Key roles we recruit for include: Health & Safety managers, M&E project managers, construction managers, M&E site engineers, M&E quantity surveyors, civil engineers, site agents, estimators, buyers, bid managers and M&E site supervisors, across Ireland and the UK.
back to jobs